WordCamp Vancouver is back for another edition in 2014! Today we’ve got a number of details to share with you!
WordCamp Vancouver Dev 2014 will be focused on topics for those who build with WordPress. If you’re a developer or designer of any level of expertise we will have topics for you. Our goal is to offer an open community environment for all to learn what tools are available within WordPress and what third party technology is available to help improve WordPress.
WordCamp Vancouver 2014 will be on Saturday July 26th 2014 at BCIT Downtown Campus, in Vancouver.
We’re still planning the event, so some details are still to be confirmed. However, here’s what we can share and ask of you, wonderful WordPress community:
- Take a look at the About page for details on the venue, address, and other details.
- In order to be able to fund WordCamp Vancouver, we need the community’s help. If you’re a WordPress-based business or use WordPress, or just love WordPress, please consider sponsoring WordCamp.
- What good would WordCamp be without great presentations? If you’re interested in speaking, please apply! The deadline for speaker submissions is June 12th.
- We need day-of volunteers to help out with all sorts of things; the event just wouldn’t be possible without some smiling faces to give us a little help. Take a look at our volunteering page.
- Just looking to attend? Of course you are! We’d love for you to be there :). There will be talks appropriate both for designers/developers. Tickets will go on sale on May 27th, at the early-bird ultra-good-deal price of $20. On June 19th, we’ll announce speakers and sponsors; and on June 26th the price will go up to the full price (but still very affordable) of $25. Lunch as well as a drink or two at the after party will be included with every ticket. We’ll have just about 300 tickets for sale and you’ll need to purchase it in advance; no walk-ins this year.
If you’d like to get updates as we make them available, or if you want to be reminded as these dates approach, please subscribe in the sidebar. If you need to get in touch with the organizers, about anything else, please visit the contact page.